Effective date: April 11, 2019
Updated: June 1, 2020
Fannie E. Rippel Foundation (“us,” “we,” or “our”) operates the http://www.rethinkhealth.org web site our mobile website and any mobile applications related thereto(hereinafter collectively referred to as the “Service”). This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service, and the choices you have associated with that data.
- Service Service is the http://www.rethinkhealth.org web site operated by Fannie E. Rippel Foundation (“Rippel”).
- Personal Data Personal Data means any data about a living individual who can be identified from that data (or from that and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession). Examples of Personal Data include your name, email address, telephone number, Twitter handle, and any comments or opinions you choose to share.
- Usage Data Usage Data is data collected automatically either by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit). Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (i.e. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers, and other diagnostic data. If you use our mobile website or applications, Usage Data may include your device name, operating system, phone number, your likes and replies to a post, and other interactions and data with the application.
- Cookies Cookies are files with a small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier, stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
- Data Controller Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your Personal Data more effectively.
- Data Subject (or User) Data Subject is any living individual who is using our Service and is providing us with Personal Data.
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected, and Use
Personal Data While using our Service, and in order to subscribe to certain features of our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain Personal Data that can be used to contact or identify you, which may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- Telephone Number
- First name and last name
- Organizational affiliation or title
- Areas of personal interest
- Cookies and Usage Data (see definitions above)
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with news, materials, surveys, opportunities, and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or the instructions provided in any email we send.
We may also collect Usage Data to help us understand how the Service is accessed and used.
We may use and store information about your location (“Location Data”) based upon your IP address and/or your mobile device settings. You can enable or disable location services when you use our Service at any time by way of your device settings.
In addition, you may be asked to provide information on your location such as city, state, or country when signing up for our Service. We use this Location Data to provide features of our Service, to improve and customize our Service. You may choose not to fill out fields that are not required (for example, city and state) or, especially in the case of required fields (for example, country), not to sign up for the mailing lists if you do not wish to provide us with this information. In this case, we encourage you to get updates about our work at www.rethinkhealth.org or follow us on Twitter @ReThinkHealth.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Other tracking technologies are also used such as beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
Rippel uses the collected Data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide website user support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, materials, surveys, opportunities, and other information that may be of interest to you
- To notify you about changes to our Service
For Website Users Outside The United States of America
Thank you for your interest in Rippel. If you are based outside the United States, you may not be able to complete the email subscription process. Due to the ever-changing global policies regarding data privacy and use, we acknowledge that your country may not be listed. If this is the case, we encourage you to follow our work on our website or on Twitter @ReThinkHealth.
Retention of Data
Rippel will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer periods.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to—and maintained on—computers located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to United States and process it there.
Disclosure of Data
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, Rippel may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Rippel may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Fannie E. Rippel Foundation
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Any information disclosed online is vulnerable to interception and misuse by unauthorized parties. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Our Policy on “Do Not Track” Signals under the California Online Protection Act (CalOPPA)
We do not support Do Not Track (“DNT”). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser or in some mobile operating systems to signal your privacy preference that you do not want to be tracked.
You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser or Settings in some mobile operating systems.
Your Data Protection Rights
Rippel aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data. If you wish to be informed about what Personal Data we hold about you, and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests. You may opt out of receiving email communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or the instructions provided in any email we send.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), provide the Service on our behalf, perform Service-related services, or assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service, such as:
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Child” or “Children”).
We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from Children. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us at email@example.com. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from Children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our systems.
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org